Adziwa Orphan’s Ministry
ADZIWA, meaning ‘He knows’ in one of the Malawian languages (Chichewa), is a positive expression of hope in God for the future of orphans.
“For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
Recognizing that a child is the product of his or her environment, the vision of the ADZIWA CCBC Ministry is to provide comprehensive integrated community based care for the orphaned children by influencing their total environment; thus enhancing their potential to fulfill their life’s God-ordained purposes.
To improve the welfare of orphans and their families in the peri-urban and rural communities of Lilongwe, the Capital City of Malawi.
- To strengthen the ability of families and communities to provide improved care for the orphan children in the areas of nutrition and health.
- Provide high quality primary education and secondary education to Orphans and vulnerable children in Kauma (the high density area where ADZIWA is located).
- To prevent further spread of HIV and AIDS by increasing knowledge and influencing behavior change of the students and community members.
- To develop a model of good practice, faith-based, integrated, community-based, orphan care support and HIV/AIDS prevention program that can be replicated elsewhere in any peri-urban or rural community in Malawi.
- To work in partnership with local churches in community as the entry point into the community and as the agents for change
- Partnering with other churches in Malawi and other countries
- To take care of the orphaned child in the context of the extended family unit
- To run sustainable and community based development approaches to service
- To have a biblical model of orphan care and support that integrates the spiritual component in all aspects of care and support.
Specific Ministry Programs
- Educational Program:
- Adziwa Private Christian Primary and Secondary School;
- School fees support for Orphaned and vulnerable Secondary students from the Kauma community.
- School Feeding and Nutrition Activities
- Health Screening and Hygiene Education Activities
- Christian Education